The now page is an idea coined by Derek Sivers. While an “About Me” page is a snapshot of my background, this is intended to give you an idea of my current projects and focus. It gives you a window into my life, and it gives me accountability to my projects.
- I’ve got a few projects going as part of my PhD, but I’m starting to shift gears as I prepare for writing my dissertation.
- I’m working on finishing up a couple papers related to Gaussian sum rules and their application to exotic hadronic systems.
- I’m also branching away from hybrid mesons to other exotic hadronic systems.
- Over the last year, I’ve kept up a cooking journal of my projects, recipes, and experiments that I try. I’ve been diving into fermentation, especially through the new Noma fermentation cookbook. Currently I have several kombuchas and misos fermenting away in my kitchen.
- I’ve had some success in curing charcuterie in my fridge with UMAi dry curing vacuum bags. I’d like to try more this year, especially using my locally sourced venison.
- With all the talk about privacy and the ethics of big data, I’ve been increasingly interested in moving away from corporate data silos. I’m particularly interested in the IndieWeb movement, and have been researching how to incorporate the mindset into this site. I’m working on implementing webmention and micropub functionality on this website.
- I’ve committed to doing Tough Mudder 2019 to improve my fitness this year.
Last updated: January 4, 2019